Photo to painting effect

Started Apr 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
OP LaFonte Senior Member • Posts: 2,763
Printing on watercolor paper

I got great rewsults on canvas, now I got inkjet watercolor paper and got another sets of amazing results.

Cezanne works really well on a watercolor paper, but uncheck the real canvas as you don't need simulated texture because the paper will supply it.
In the 1.2 use the Natural Borders option - this is best for this kind of art.

First I printed the watercolor cezanne edge to edge and it looked unnatural so I erased edges around it in photoshop. With 1.2 I don't have to do that, it produces watercolor that is very hard to distinguish from a real watercolor as with modern inkjet you simply don't see any dots. Pretty impressive.

The watercolor paper seems to be more universal than the canvas for inkjet and also less expensive. I can set Real Canvas to ON, print some oil type style on the watercolor matte paper and it looks maybe better than printed on a canvas as the real canvas does amazing job to fake the canvas.

of course with oil type of paint it is better to print to larger size than A4 or letter. Letter size oil painting look too small, but watercolor on letter size actually looks pretty real.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow