G1 Focusing question
I'm very much enjoying playing with my new G1 (+ twin kit lenses), it seems very capable, and satisfying to use.
A couple of questions.
1. Forgive me if this is an obvious one, am I right in thinking that if I focus , and then zoom in or out the focus stays at the same distance?, i.e. Unlike my FZ5 which needs to refocus when you zoom.
2. Out of curiousity what is all the weird faint whirring going on all the time within the camera? I can turn off OIS and AF and its still there if you put you ear to the camera. It sounds very busy and it must be using battery juice.
All the best,
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4