Famous squirrel quotes ....

Started Apr 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
B Gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
Famous squirrel quotes ....

Well - I guess we finished off the Year of the Squirrel as of Feb 2009, so I thought it might be a good idea to have a look at what a few famous squirrels had to say during that time. A couple hours in the park and a pound of PEANUTS later, I had my research completed:

"The great question is not whether you have the best nut, but whether you are content with your nut." (Bill Squirrelspeare)

“Keep away from people who try to sic their dogs on you. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, are worthy of a PEANUT.”
(Mark 'Squirrely' Twain Jr.)

"Momma always said life is like a box of nuts. You never know what you're gonna get." (Forrest Squirrel)

"Fourscore and seven seasons ago our fathers introduced to this park a new grove of trees, conceived by burying precious acorns and dedicated to the proposition that all squirrels have the right to a home they can call ‘Tree, sweet tree’.” (Abe Nutcracker Sr)

"Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,
Nor Hell a Fury, like a Squirrel scorn'd." ('Chippy' Congreve)

"Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches." (The Squirrel of Winsor)

"All my life I used to wonder what I would become when I grew up. Then, a couple of years ago, I realized that I was a squirrel – and I didn’t actually WANT to grow up!!" (A. 'Hemlock' Peck)

"Things actually turn out best for the squirrels that make the best of the way things turn out." ( J. 'Bushy' Wooden)

“Every blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. I just so happens to like this park because here PEANUTS usually hit me on the head !!.” ('Nutty' Drewiske)

"The hardest challenge is to be a squirrel in a world where everyone is trying to make you be something else." (‘Cheeky’ Cummings)

"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east and Juliette is the sun." (Romeo Butternuts) Yeah - he's still not over her ... yet!!

Shot (should I use that word around squirrels???) with a Sony F828 and a Metz 40 MZ-3i. Most were taken at ground level and at about 100mm (35mm equivalent). I thought I'd need a tele-converter when I started this - but it turns out I have a different problem. Those pesty little guys insist on climbing up my leg and coming so close that the camera can't focus and the flash can't meter properly on auto.

Maybe I should go back to shooting flowers - at least they stay put!!

Posted for your amusement,

BG
--
Feel free to disagree with me any time as long as you can do it politely!!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow