Workflow with RAW?

Started Apr 4, 2009 | Discussions thread
Kabe Luna
Kabe Luna Veteran Member • Posts: 9,493
Very precise localized adjustments using layers and masks

You can make some localized adjustments (i.e., affecting only certain areas of the image), but it's nowhere near as precise as can be in Photoshop.

Sharpening with Photoshop post-conversion is also superior to Lightroom's sharpening (even moreso with one of the dedicated sharpening plug-ins for Photoshop).

You can also perform better and more controlled noise reduction using plug-ins for Photoshop. Lightrooms Noise Reduction is coarse and gives you relatively little control over the trade-off between noise control and detail retention.

And that's just scratching the surface. You really are only limited by your imagination in photoshop. The level of control over ever aspect of your images possible is astounding. I can't imagine any of the currently available RAW converters taking the place of Photoshop, nor vice versa: Adobe RAW conversions (whether via ACR or LR) are just not to my liking.

Pat Joh wrote:

What are some things CS4 and CS3 can do that Lightroom can't?

-- hide signature --
 Kabe Luna's gear list:Kabe Luna's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon 85mm F1.8G +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow