Thanks to those dumping 5D for 5D2, I got a great deal

Started Apr 4, 2009 | Discussions thread
LordNikon009 Regular Member • Posts: 113
Re: gadget fanatics

LordNikon009 wrote:

MICHAEL_61 wrote:

cityphotographer wrote:

in other words if you can't get a decent picture with a 10D then you
still can't get a decent picture with a 1Ds Mark III.

• Not true. I can take (and have taken) photos professionally with

various cameras for many years. But I naturally want better equipment
to work with, same as any professional would.

listen to this poster. photography as a business is cut throat,
photographers are a dime a dozen and companies want someone with the
best image results, if that means having to upgrade your hardware
often to keep up with the competition, than so be it, it is worth the
money for the hardware; than the possibility of losing your customers
to photographers with higher quality results due to superior hardware.

To add to this, I have had many clients asking by name for Canon 5D Mark II users, they hear the hype about the camera and its capabilities and say "hey do you have that new 5d Mark II that can also do 1080p video? We would like to go on a 4 days shoot and get stills and some high quality video for a project." So of course I pick up a 5d Mark II because that lands me some pretty nice jobs right off the bat. I have had friends tell me the same thing. This doesn't even mean that the quality of the camera is better, but it is what is in demand and is what people are hyped up and talking about.

All of this only really applies to people trying to sell their images as a product, if you are a hobbyist or are just taking pictures of your kids than of course it is not a huge deal to have to upgrade all the time to the latest and greatest, and if you can't compose a photo correctly with a 10d than yes you cannot compose a photo correctly with a 1ds mark iii, but with your 10d if you are having some focusing issues and getting really soft noisy pictures, than the upgrade is going to help you; in spades!

http://lordofthelens.co.nz/

-- hide signature --

Nikon D90, 18-200MM VR, 50mm f/1.8 AF D,

-- hide signature --

Nikon D90, 18-200MM VR, 50mm f/1.8 AF D,

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fma
fma
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow