Split image/ Micro Prism Focusing Screens for Nikon D700

Started Apr 4, 2009 | Discussions thread
Kent J
Kent J Senior Member • Posts: 2,378
Re: Split image/ Micro Prism Focusing Screens for Nikon D700

I will add my personal experiance with the KatzEye Screen. I too had one of those for my D200 and it worked well. I got the D700 model and installed it myself. Went well except for my putting a small scratch on the screen.

Unfortunately the focus was noticably off. A perfect alignment of the spilt screen gave unfocussed images on the Zeiss 100 at f/2. I contacted Rachael Katz and she said they had seen that problem. "In the large number that we beta tested, we did encounter a few bodies where the MF was out..." She suggested I send the camera and screen in and let them have a look at it. I did (paying their installation fee minus 10%) and it came back not only perfectly calibrated, but they switched the screen I had scratched with a new one for no extra charge.
--
-Kent

Life is too short for slow glass.

Kent J's gear list:Kent J's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow