Diglloyd's Quote About NX 2.2

Started Apr 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
anotherMike Veteran Member • Posts: 9,504
Re: Good or bad in the eye of the beholder

I think if you re-read this thread more carefully and think it through you'll come to a different conclusion.

Most of us don't have a problem with the quality of the raw conversion of NX2 and rather like it. The problem with this specific release is that it's by far, from all the Capture releases (and I include all Capture 4.x and 1.x as well as 2.x in this discussion), the buggiest and is causing the most problems. To me, it's pretty obvious when you have people with extensive software experience, known respected reviewers and a whole bunch of other folks who normally don't complain having problems that, well, you've got a major problem. So in this case, it very much IS a warning to a prospective purchaser, 'cause unlike some of the other versions, there is a real chance this one is going to cause major problems. I don't see this particular thread as a whining about NX thread at all. Right now the consensus from trusted reviewers is that this particular version has major issues - beyond just the usual slowness and instability of earlier issues. Hopefully they'll get a fix out at some point, although honestly, they have a long way to go in terms of performance and stability even once they get through this particular versions issues.

-m

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Al
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow