Diglloyd's Quote About NX 2.2

Started Apr 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
anotherMike Veteran Member • Posts: 9,511
Re: Diglloyd's Quote About NX 2.2

I think you've lost your mind.

Let's review a bit.

Capture NX2.2 is a commerical software product - one that I have paid for.

It doesn't perform to what I would expect are realistic standards - an opinion that is shared by many folks including folks like Thom Hogan and Lloyd Chambers, both whose opinions and reputations are well respected in the community.

While in a perfect fuzzy feel-good world it would be awesome if we all could help chip in to test their product, the reality is

a) I (and I don't expect Thom or Lloyd) have the time to play QA. I do enough of that for a living.

b) We paid for the product - it's on the company (or companies) who wrote it to handle their issues. This isn't some open source feel-good altruistic project here.

I've got enough photography related stuff on my plate that I certainly don't have the time to experiment with it on other OS - I desire a reliable, reasonably stable piece of software that I don't have to muck around trying to figure work arounds when the previous version didn't have the same issues. I seriously don't think that's too much of a desire. I'm not expecting perfection - in todays software world that's not usually possible. I'm looking for very basic stability.

-m

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Al
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow