Just bought SX200, sample pictures and impressions

Started Mar 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
OP Ezzelin Regular Member • Posts: 127
New sample photos

Alright, here's some new sample photos from the last two days taken with my SX200. The first photo is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezzelin/3400658487/

There's a link in that photo's description to a zip with the original files. Like I said in another post, I tried out the iContrast mode, and decided it wasn't for me. It really makes photos look odd, with both less and more contrast depending on the part of the photo. Also, there are halos all over the picture like a bad HDR, and CA is amplified as a result of this. Overall, I can pick out photos manupulated by iContrast without looking at the metadata and don't like them. There's two photos in the set that show the same photo taken with iContrast on and off that illustrate this. I was able to post-process the iContrast off photo using curves to have the same dynamic range as the iContrast on photo, but with much better quality.

Otherwise, there's not much more to report, other than I can definitely say that the LCD is viewable in direct sunlight now. My walk on Sunday was refreshing, to say the least. It's the nicest it's been in Seattle for a while, and I look forward to more days like it soon!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow