Just bought SX200, sample pictures and impressions

Started Mar 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
OP Ezzelin Regular Member • Posts: 127
Re: Just bought SX200, sample pictures and impressions

Well, I took a long walk with my wife on Sunday all around Queen Anne Hill (a beautiful neighborhood in Seattle) and took a lot of pictures on a gorgeous sunny day. Once again, the camera performed well. I'd say the largest complaint I still have is the CA at full zoom and the slight lack of corner sharpness in certain cases. However, neither issue is usually a problem and in the grand scheme of things, image quality is excellent. One thing I discovered is that I really don't like the way that i-Contrast shots look; I'm not using that again. I can pick them out without even looking at the metadata, as they look badly processed and lacking in saturation. Also, the CA and sharpening halos tends to be emphasized in this mode as well. If I want more dynamic range in my images, I'll just continue to use low contrast and post-process later with levels and curves if need be. Shadow detail is pretty good with the camera in any case, so this shouldn't be too hard. I'll post some more sample pictures in a bit.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow