D90 vs. Canon 500D Which one?

Started Mar 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
Rakumi Veteran Member • Posts: 6,259
Re: D90 vs. Canon 500D Which one?

Hey,

I see a lot of people ragging on the 500D with out even giving it a chance and I also think peope are offended a bit by such a move by canon to give so much and cost so little with out some sort of major draw back. It leaves many confused about it all. Especially when it aims at the d90 in a way that destroys it when looking at the things that matter most to the typical meat and potatoes shopper.

I will break down what I mean and you will understand. The meat = the MP and chipset, the potatoes = the ISO and frame rate, the veggies = the body type, ergonomics, auto focusing and all other minor things most amatures do not know about. The 500D has better MP, ISO, though not higher frame rate. But at 3.4fps, the average amature to mid level photographer is satisfied. So all the other features most semi professionals love about the d90, the less experienced do not know about and do not care about.

I say do research on the feed back of the 450D. I have one and most of the reviews say many enjoyed it and loved what was packed into it. The 500D is the same camera so if you see positive review on the 450D, expect the same from the 500D. Only difference is the 500D gives you 50D power in the body of the 450D. Just keeping the body of the 450D allows the price of the 500D to be way less than all over cameras in its power class.

My opinion is go for the 500D. Your friend will enjoy it and it and have money left for a great lens to take full advantage of its power.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Dan
Leo
Dan
Leo
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Leo
Leo
Leo
Dan
Leo
Dan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow