New camera(s) from Nikon?

Started Mar 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MaxFX Contributing Member • Posts: 561
New camera(s) from Nikon?

Last week, I had a meeting at a big hotel lobby where I live. While I was waiting I saw 3 people shooting vases, flowers, etc. all around the lobby. I was curious about why they were taking vase pictures with SLR cameras and wanted take a closer look. One of the guys was shooting with D700, the other two were shooting with 2 other Nikons but names on the cams were blacked out. So, I thought they might be new cams and those folks were testing.

Younger guy had smaller cam, looked like D60. The other guy (oldest in the group) had D300 size camera. I am sure it wasn't full frame... but... it didn't exactly looked like D300 either. Camera had more squared corners. Small prism... On camera flash. It looked more like 'retro' to me. I believe they were testing available light in different ISO settings and they also tested that camera with flash. Flash testing was interesting... Nikon flash attached (I don't know what version) was on the smaller camera (younger guy) and older guy was shooting with that retro camera and triggering the flash on smaller one. Oh, on camera flash (retro looking cam) was off too.

I am sure it was Nikon because I took a look to back of the camera... same design as D300 (or very close).

I wanted to ask the guys but then I didn't want to bother them after having the second thought...

Oh well... I just wanted to share this... looks like couple new cams on the way... I know many of you expecting D400 but... maybe something different on the way.

Some members might know more about this.
--
MaxFX

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow