FZ28 & Shutter Priority Mode; advice please?

Started Mar 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DutchMate Veteran Member • Posts: 4,441
FZ28 & Shutter Priority Mode; advice please?
-- hide signature --

Yesterday i was experimenting with shutterpriority mode with my fz28.

I happened to notice that the camera often choses small apertures combined with fast shutterspeeds. Imo this sometimes results in loss of detail in branches trees foliage grass etc..

I'll post some large images to illustrate this in my next post in this thread. I'll post some different pictures with Aperture priority our larger apertures to compare.

This loss of detail can be caused by deffraction . I think it is best to avoid apertures smaller then f5.6. What do you think?

If i need fast shutterspeeds fe for BIF's or freezing fast moving things and avoiding to small apertures should i opt for higher Iso in Shutterpriority mode (with good light i prefer to stick to 100-200 iso) our is my only option to shoot Manual mode?

I am not experienced so don't know yet what combination of shutter and aperture might give best results in given circomstances. It takes me to long to set the camera right in manual mode to often so i miss the moment..

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow