Attention!! Machu Picchu will rip you off!!!

Started Mar 18, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
christian carneiro
christian carneiro Regular Member • Posts: 283
Attention!! Machu Picchu will rip you off!!!
-- hide signature --

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share something very unpleasant that happened to me today at Machu Picchu's entrance:

1. They charge you 300 USd for bringing your tripod into their Inca city. Their argument is that tripods are for professionals only.

2. The lens debate: ANY lens over 200mm is considered professional, and thus must also pay the 300 Usd.

THEREFORE today I took my A900 with its 50mm 1.4 and had to leave my Manfrotto in the entry, BUT my travel parther with an A200 (!!!!!!!) with the 18-250mm HAD TO PAY the 300 Usd to take his camera to Machu Picchu, given that was his only lens and it had a focal lenght over 200 mm ( and that was supposed to be professional).

This is a warning to all photo travellers to reconsider Peru as a destination, given that tourists are considered as "bags of bucks" for the locals.

christian carneiro's gear list:christian carneiro's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Sony a99 II Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
27T
(unknown member)
tko
tko
tko
ilc
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow