Tripods, how low can you go? (equipment pics)

Started Mar 10, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mofongo Forum Pro • Posts: 14,863
Tripods, how low can you go? (equipment pics)

One problem I have always had with my tripods in the past was that the only way to go real low was to reverse the center column (if the tripod even had that feature) and shoot with the camera upside down, usually a pain and really not worth the bother setting up...

Welll, I don't have that problem anymore as I finally bought a new tripod...

A bought a Manfrotto 055 PRO B with the center column that goes horizontal with the push of a button without having to remove anything...

This tripod is awesome! I can now go inches off the ground or shoot straight down or straight up in seconds without having to work in between the legs and upside down...

I'm 5' 11" and with the center column not extended at all for max stability the camera viewfinder reaches my eyes with no stooping at all. This tripod will support up to 15 LBS and is rock solid with my D200 and Sigma 150-500 OS...

It's not exactly a light weight but I was able to hike with it for 4 miles Saturday with my D200 and Sigma 150-500 OS attached...

I thought I'd take a couple photos just to show how flexable and low this tripod can go with ease. I'm sure I'll find other uses for the horizontal column for unique situations...

Hope this helps someone looking for a sturdy tripod that goes real low yet stands real tall, I can't wait till spring and summer to shoot macros with it. Heck, even ground level scenics will be cool with the wide angle for intersesting perspectives...

Bob

This one is just a boring photo of our kitchen taken with the Sigma 10-20 at 10mm but I just wanted to show the cool perspectives one can get shooting this low from a tripod...

-- hide signature --

Photography is more about depth of feeling than depth of field
http://www.pbase.com/mofongo

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow