GH1 is going to be Affordable!

Started Mar 4, 2009 | Discussions thread
angelo_sellers Junior Member • Posts: 31
Re: GH1 is going to be Affordable!

Some things for every one to keep in mind.

1) You're not just paying for manufacturing costs or the cost of glass. You're paying for the R & D that went into developing these lenses. Over time, this premium will go away. It's like the old pharmaceutical joke, "How can you charge so much for a $0.10 pill? Answer - the 2nd pill cost $.10. The first pill cost $100,000,000."

2) You're essentially replacing two devices with this camera (assuming that both perform well). Even if you don't see yourself utilizing the video a lot, ask yourself if you would take your camera and cam-corder on vacation. Last summer the entire fam damily went to Alaska. My mom was walking around with an old FZ for stills and a Canon camcorder. Brand new, those 2 devices cost her 1500 or 1600 and she doesn't even get HD video nor can she take a picture above ISO 100.

For the same amount, I can theoretically get 1 device that will take better pictures and full 1080p movies. It will take some saving and budgeting, but I would buy that just for the convenience of carrying one device when the wife and I go to Europe. Again, this is assuming that the reviews for the camera indicate the image/movie quality that we're all expecting.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow