help me to choose between 135STF and 135ZA

Started Mar 2, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Diversants Junior Member • Posts: 35
help me to choose between 135STF and 135ZA

Hi folks.

I got lucky and actually bought both of these fine lenses for a bargain price - 1600USD (well actuallly 1280EUR as I live in Europe in a country with 21% VAT) so basically I can say that I got them 2 for the price of 1. I also got the 1680ZA as well - there was a computer store trying to go into photo business but failed and now they were clearing the stocks (they had only 1 for each...).

I opened the boxes and tried the lenses - both 135s. The STF is really good at washing out backgrounds but only at some macro-like distances and for background situated some distance away. It does not wash out backgrouns for objests that are situated say more than 15m (45feet) away - the DOF is just too deep. I see that the 135ZA is actually similar (not the same - similar) at washing out backgrounds - so I am lost. And as the STF is concerned a different focusing screen is definetly needed (at least for me).

I think many of you would keep both but I am not sure because it is still a lot of money for me and my wife still does not know it (she is going to kill me - the usual story, you know...)

So I really need a help to choose one and by the way - what is the highest price any of you would be willing to pay for them? I might sell one (or even all) to you...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow