Just scored a 5D MkII in NYC.

Started Feb 26, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Gleason Regular Member • Posts: 135
Just scored a 5D MkII in NYC.

I walked into a local camera shop (a small, but well-established shop) over my lunch hour, to talk cameras and figure out whether the 5DmkII was the right camera for me. They had a single camera in stock, that was supposed to be sold, but the deal fell through. They let me handle it, to see how it felt, and I loved it. After providing me with lots of useful advice, and helping me sort out whether to upgrade from my 450D to the 50D or to the 5DmkII, I decided it was the camera for me.

So I was pleasantly surprised when they told me I could buy that one, since the purchaser had been a "no-show." It was body only, and the only one they had. So I picked up a canon 24-70mm f2.8 L lens to go with it. The battery is charging at my desk now, but the end of the workday can't come soon enough!!!!

So, how did I do with the lens? Is it a good choice for an all-purpose walkaround lens, or would you rather have the "kit" 24-105(?) L glass option? (I have a 50mm f1.4, and a 28-135 IS already.)

I'm looking forward to posting some shots here once I learn to use it. But in the meantime, thanks to all of you who provided me with so much knowledge on this forum (even though I've been a lurker here to date).

David

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AJG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow