How to find Pentax lense's sweet spot....

Started Feb 22, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
topgun2007 Contributing Member • Posts: 974
How to find Pentax lense's sweet spot....

using MTF programming. Every lens has a sweet spot that will result in the best shot using a particular aperture and shutter speed for a given situation. For all Pentax DA, D FA, FA and FA J lenses, this information is encoded and if you set the program line in "Custom Settings" to MTF, the camera will automatically choose the best settings for each lens. I know that this may be a statement of the obvious for the more experienced Pentax users but I wanted to mention this topic for the Pentax newbies who own a K10D or K20D and may have glossed over this item while reading the owners manual (or maybe haven't read that part) and potential buyers of Pentax cameras or lenses. So often I see a thread asking whether to buy a Pentax lens or a third party lense of about the same focal length and I think that for me, I usually prefer the Pentax brand because they make great lenses and you also get this extra. I know that experienced users have reasons to set the aperture or shutter speed to a different setting for many reasons but isn't it nice to have a reference point to work from, especially if you are new to DSLR's as so many people are these days. If this is function is important to you, it may also be a reason to buy a K20D over a K200D as I don't believe this function is available on the K200D. Anyway, hopefully this post will be helpful and informative for someone who wasn't aware of it.

Regards, Jim

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow