New PowerShot Models Confirmed on Canon USA

Started Feb 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
powershotbookguy Forum Member • Posts: 78
New PowerShot Models Confirmed on Canon USA

In the course of researching a comprehensive book on all PowerShot digital cameras, I have become extremely adept at navigating the Canon USA website, and do so many times daily. I had found it quite curious that there had been no mention of the A480 despite its European introduction in January. This morning, I, too, saw the brief display of the SD780 IS and the SD 960 IS models, and was able to print out the data sheet sets for both models before they were removed from the site.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that the Download Library listed a number of new PowerShot models, perhaps in preparation for an announcement tomorrow. The links to the data sheets on the new models are not yet operative, but the listings are there for all to see. The speculation can now end: here are the eight new models coming to Canon USA:

A480
A1100 IS
A2100 IS

SD780 IS
SD960 IS
SD1200 IS

SX1 IS
SX200 IS

I'm sure that you all noticed that the CMOS PowerShot SX1 IS that was introduced in Europe last September is finally coming to North America.

Of significant note is the absence of listings for any new EOS DSLR models. I did not check for any new SLR lenses yet, because that is outside my area of expertise and would take significantly more time for me to research. I wanted to get this information out to you quickly ... now we can all wait together in anticipation of what these new models actually will be.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mk7
Mk7
Mk7
Mk7
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow