Candid Street Photography

Started Feb 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
G4orce Studios Senior Member • Posts: 1,284
Re: Not my best....

omel wrote:

G4orce Studios I guess we all didn't have the opportunity to hide
behind a microphone in a studio making cat calls at the public
.............. hang on we do now it's called the internet.
The first image works for me
--
blink and remember..................

Ooh. Good one omel. You are cat calling pretty good yourself, Mr. Internet. The difference? I get paid good money to do it on the radio. You pretend to be important for free, on a message forum.

I guess anyone walking down the street, having dinner, or going to the store has "the right" to have their, or their children's likeness stolen and plastered who knows where by the likes of some self-righteous fool who thinks, because he has a camera, he can shoot anything and anyone he pleases, at anytime.

Of course, the erosion of all our rights just feeds into the mindset of people like you, who think they can intrude on anything and anyone, outside of someone's homes, for their own personal enjoyment and/or gain. Hell, some photog maggots will hide in trees and zoom into people's homes, to feed their own personal gain.

I mean, it's called "LIFE" right? Just because you have a camera, you capture, manipulate, publish and do whatever you want with it right?

Taking a picture of a guy playing guitar on a stage (and being paid BY THE GUY) is quite different than taking someone's pic without their permission and publishing it, especially if you sneak around and hide your camera. Do that and you are a thief. I, as do people like Britney Spears and John Doe, have a right to walk down the street without having some fool harass, sneak pictures, and invade personal space. Zooming in and taking a pic, without consent, is invading personal space.

Celebs should have the right to be in their backyard, on the beach, etc., without some cockroach hiding somewhere zooming in on their asses. Britney should be able to get out of a limo, without some slime zooming in on her private parts.

People should be able to go outside, without sneaking street photographers snapping away. I am not saying all street photographers are bad, some do approach those they photograph and inform them. If the subject gets away, you don't use the pic.

Of course, who cares about THOSE people and how they may feel about their pic being stolen, as long as you get your "candid" shot and plaster it on the internet, right, Mr. cat-calling morality expert?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
rfc
tko
tko
rfc
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow