5D2 + Eg-S focusing screen - positive feedback ;)

Started Feb 5, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Maciej Freudenheim Contributing Member • Posts: 512
5D2 + Eg-S focusing screen - positive feedback ;)

Hi!

I'm pretty sure it's old news for many of you, but just wanted to say that changing focusing screen in 5D2 is brain-dead easy. Took me about 1 minute total and I wouldn't really consider myself as a precise person (my hands are a little bit shaky).

The screen itself really helps A LOT - I have a few fast primes (probably all L-primes below and including 200mm), and I very often shoot wide-open.

After changing the screen I tried to focus with 85L, 135L and 35L wide open on my gf's eyes and voila, all frames almost in perfect focus. I tried doing the same earlier with the standard screen and my hit ratio was rather random, one time I focused correctly, the other time I didn't.

So, the bottom line is: if you are shooting a lot wide-open, Eg-S screen really helps much and it's really easy to install it (I was afraid that it's way more complicated).

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

Maciej Freudenheim
http://pix.diabel.pl/

Maciej Freudenheim's gear list:Maciej Freudenheim's gear list
Nikon D810 Sony a7R II Leica SL (Typ 601) Olympus E-M1 II Fujifilm GFX 50S +20 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow