CC - Sony a700 High Speed Sync with External Flash

Started Jan 31, 2009 | Discussions thread
GBsoftware Inc
OP GBsoftware Inc Regular Member • Posts: 253
Re: CC - Sony a700 High Speed Sync with External Flash

Ok, here we go, nothing complicated.

• Hot shoe. I used a WEIN Safe Sync HSXLD With PC connector (I think you can do it with any Optical Hot shoe trigger)

• Pocket Wizards for your external flashes

• SONY HVL-F56AM or HVL-F58AM Mounted on A700 or A900

Mount one pocket wizard on the Optical Hot Shoe Trigger ... well you know what to do next, but NO POCKET WIZARD MOUNTED OR CONNECTED TO THE CAMERA

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT YOU HAVE TO SET YOUR SONY FLASH TO MANUAL TO AVOID THE TTL PREFLASH AND THE FLASH HEAD TO NORMAL POSITION (the high speed sync does not work when the Flash head is in bounced position).

When you are shooting outside with strong sunlight, keep the Optical trigger close to your camera in order to capture the light from your Sony Flash.

Also, use some black electrical tapes to cover the optical sensor on your external flashes

Here my setting with 2 Interfit 150w

And one pict taking at 1/8000th sec the flashes were about 5 feet from the backgound (see EXIF)

This weekend I'll try it with more powerful flashes.

That's ALL now you can shoot at any speed, and please reply to this post and let me know your results.

GBsoftware Inc's gear list:GBsoftware Inc's gear list
Sony a6000
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow