FastStone browser 3.7 out

Started Jan 25, 2009 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 29,649
The way I work

Mikedigi wrote:

• Do many people edit JPEG's in FastStone, or prefer to switch to

Picasa, or go off into PS Elements etc?

Another example of how someone uses FastStone and other things....

1a. FastStone for downloads from camera cards into day dated folders, review and delete duds. Never seem to use edit features. Use batch renames and conversions. Use side by side view a lot to find best versions of shots.

1b. Use free time stamp modifier from http://jpgtime.learsy.com/ to fix camera clock errors, but I think that FastStone can now do that.

2. RAW conversions always now by paid version of Silkypix. But free RawTherapee is worth a look.

3. Picasa3 for some simple and quick non-destructive edits and prints and also for finding "lost" stuff in my system. Picasa3 has great B/W conversion with quick and easy filter application. Could survive on Picasa3 alone if pressed. RAW conversions seem OK to me.

4. Paint Shop Pro 8 (still like it best, works fine on XP or Vista) for all further fiddles of any jpegs from camera or from Silkypix. It's my edit workhorse.

5. ProShow Gold for PC and TV slide shows.

6. Qimage to print. Nothing is better for printing.

Now, that is today's way for me. Tomorrow it may change as for example I also previously bought copies of Picture Window Pro and Helicon Filter for some different and better features in some areas.

Regards.......... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow