D3X vs 5D2 - myth and reality

Started Jan 26, 2009 | Discussions thread
Mel Veteran Member • Posts: 3,716
Re: THIS is the point

Thank you for responding and I believe that I do see your intent here. Forgive my skepticism that it might be something else.
I do believe you reach the edge with this generalization though:

"The vast majority of top photographers, who are the prospective buyers of the D3X, don't have any idea of the details we are dicussing here (the more expensive the camera, the less technical knowledge the owner has)."

Not all are dummies like me gentlemen. And that is not to place myself anywhere near the top, but I do understand much of this even if I cannot put it into words such as yourselves. I still believe that the bottom line to such comparisons is far more than simply image quality. AF, dual cards slots, build quality and metering just to name what comes to mind, ALL play an important part in the professional photography I am able to offer my clients.

When it comes to viewing the final product, I dare suspect that only very specialized applications will even be able to see or discern in image quality the DR differences you speak of here.

Your abilities and knowledge with such must be applauded. But your real world applications department for the "bulk" of professional D3X photographers might need another look. Make note that I say "might" gentlemen. For by your own description, "(the more expensive the camera, the less technical knowledge the owner has)" "The vast majority of top photographers, don't have any idea of the details we are dicussing here". Pretty well explains why this entire discussion and post "might" need another look if it is to be applied or have some meaning to the bulk of the actual users.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mel
CRH
Mel
Mel
Mel
Mel
Mel
Mel
Mel
Mel
BNV
Mel
Mel
Mel
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow