Circuit City Was Good to Me

Started Jan 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
OP Vandyu Veteran Member • Posts: 8,891
Re: Circuit City Was Good to Me

I realize there are web-based outlets proliferating. But, for those of us who really enjoy handling the merchandise, feeling the grip, moving the dials, the internet fails us. I will not buy a camera that I have not held. Some models are impossible to find in brick & mortar stores anymore, and I think they suffer from lack of real-life exposure.

And then, there is the hassle of returns and the cost of paying return shipping. I just went through that with a company that sent me the wrong motherboard, yet I had to pay $12 return shipping and wait for weeks to have my credit card refunded.

Another web-based company sent me a wooden sign that I ordered and the wood had a knot where I wouldn't want one. Had I been able to select it, I never would have purchased that one. Thankfully, I contacted the manager and he replaced it.

But, internet shopping for me is not a pleasure because I like to select, buy, and leave. Not select, check out, pay shipping, wait, hope it arrives as ordered, hope UPS/FedX doesn't destroy it, and hope it works.

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow