5DII Error 20-PLEASE help!

Started Dec 22, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Contributing Member • Posts: 873
5DII Error 20-PLEASE help!

So I got my 5DII yesterday, last night I took about 40 test shots and a few short videos, one time camera popped the following error message on the screen:

Error 20

"Shooting is not possible. Turn power switch to and again or re-install the battery"

Well, I turned the camera OFF and removed the battery and it worked so I thought it was just a random thing. after I did my tests, I turned the camera off and put it in my bag. I came back today to use it, however it popped the error again after a few shots, so I tried removing the battery. It worked but after 10 shots it popped the error again, and this time remvong the battery didn't help! I already reset the camera 5 times, removed the battery for 20 minutes, tried recharging it, used a different CF card, used a different lens, it doesn't work :((

When I press the shutter I can hear (and see) the mirror raise and shutter actuation but camera pops error 20 and does not record anything. I am very disappointed, please help should I just take it back? (store is 30 miles away!)

here is a link to the error message on the back LCD screen, sorry for cr@py cell phone photo

http://picasaweb.google.com/RichardTus/DropBox?authkey=jOhIPCv9baU#5282682885180777410
--
--
Richard, NC
Never comment on something you don't know about

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ixo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow