Inital comparison D3x - D3 - P45+ at base ISO

Started Dec 20, 2008 | Discussions thread
OP Jost von Allmen Forum Member • Posts: 66
Re: Inital comparison D3x - D3 - P45+ at base ISO

Thanks everybody for all the interesting comments.

As I've just come back from a day skiing, I was quite amazed to see all the various - and mostly relevant - points made here by now.
As stated in the beginning, it was an initial test!

Thanks to all the reasons pointed out I now know why the advantage of the D3x over the D3 didn't seem to be bigger, as it should - and will (!) be.

My dealer has actually warned me that I should send in ALL my lenses with my new D3x to Nikon to have everything checked and adjusted, as I have done with the D3 one year ago.

I will do that and certainly also do a thorough comparison with my other lenses, including the ZF 28mm, the ZF 100mm and the AF-S 60mm.

Whenever possible, I'm actually using the P45+ on a tripod with the best available lenses (Rodenstock HRs and Schneider Digitars) and focus with a loupe on the groundglass, like in the old days with 4x5: The detail and precision cannot be beaten! To increase depth of field I stack images with Helicon focus on a regular base, CS4 now seems to have that built in, too. That will be one of my first tests, once I switched to CS4.

I wish you all good light for your photography - don't just spend your time pixel peeping, as I sometimes like to do myself

-- hide signature --

http://www.jostvonallmen.com

'My whole world is a latent image' (by D. Munch)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hrl
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow