Inital comparison D3x - D3 - P45+ at base ISO

Started Dec 20, 2008 | Discussions thread
Dan Wells Contributing Member • Posts: 571
Re: Inital comparison D3x - D3 - P45+ at base ISO

Looking at Imaging Resource's initial resolution test chart (my reading - IR hasn't yet posted numbers), the D3x reads well over 3200 lph in both directions (MAYBE 3400, but that's pushing it) in absolute resolution - extinction is significantly farther out. That's not quite P45 territory, but it IS the sharpest small-format DSLR ever (the Alpha 900 is around 2800-2900). I don't think a P30 is a lot higher than that (I've never seen a resolution test on the backs, but I'd guess that a P30 is around 3500, while a P45 might be 3800). The number I got for the D3x is close, or even a bit better per pixel than the D3 (it should be 42% higher, because the D3x has 1.42x as many pixels in each direction), and it is a few lph better than that.

I would add my voice to the general opinion that there is something wrong with the particular sample of the 24-70 used in the OP's test. I've seen many posted D3x samples do better than this one has.
-Dan

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hrl
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow