New D60, what lens (and other equip.) to get?

Started Dec 11, 2008 | Discussions thread
NowHearThis
NowHearThis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,153
Re: Check out Costco

MikeBeaty wrote:

A friend of mine was looking at costco, and found the D60 kit with
Both the 18-55 VR and the 55-200 VR for $699 at their online site.
They also include a 1GB memory card and a Nikon camera bag for that
price.

Sound like what we offer at my store, minus the memory card:

D60, 18-55 VR, 55-200mm VR, bag, 2 DVDs, same price or maybe we're less, I'll check today when I get in.
Plus they get a 12pg photo book, 2 sets of 9 photo classes, some free prints....

Check with Ritz.... odds are the D60 has come down a bit in price, either way, since you've bought it, they will price match for 30 days. The memory card that costco is offering is worth $10.75 on newegg. There's a Transcend 1 GB for $2.75. Memory cards are so cheap that throwing in a low speed memory card amounts to very little IMO. Not worth it in my opinion, you could get the 1GB 133x Pro card on newegg.com for $24. Stay with what you have, have Ritz, price match, and enjoy the classes they offer. BTW, you'll be much happier if you get a faster card, you'll probably save 10-15minutes each time you download.

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow