Canon iPF5100 vs. Epson Stylus Pro 4880

Started Dec 11, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wisesoc New Member • Posts: 10
Canon iPF5100 vs. Epson Stylus Pro 4880

I need some advice. I am currently in need of a semi-large format printer and am having a hard time choosing between the Canon Image ProGraf iPF5100 and the Epson Stylus Pro4880. I have read all the reviews I can find and basically most say that the Epson has the best print quality but suffers from the black ink change issue and potential clogged heads while the Canon has very good print quality, but not as good as the Epson. Our main focus is action/sports photography and some portrait work. We can go 1 to 2 months without printing anything to constant printing for 3 to 4 weeks at a time using multiple machines. Hence reliability and ink/paper costs are important to us. I like stand on the Canon much better than the Epson.

I respect the opinion of many on this forum and am looking for some plain and honest feedback on the two units. I have read all the technical specs but want to know how real users feel about their system. Thanks in advance for your input.

Wisesoc

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow