Kodak Ektar sample scans!

Started Nov 26, 2008 | Discussions thread
OP prodesma Senior Member • Posts: 1,727
Barry, you're absolutely right...

film profile in scanning is essential to showing the 'actual' color rendition of a film... and SF doesn't have one for the new ektar AFAIK. i played around w/ a few, and ended up using one that i thought gave most accurate color.

you may notice that my ektar scans look blue-ish in cast... yes, i agree, they appear that way to my eyes as well. but the #3 scan of three men in chinatown looks pretty realistic IMHO- and that was scanned using silverfast by me.

and then, the very last two scans (of ferry bldg and three peeps) still have that blue-ish cast, and those were scanned by my local costco on their noritsu using auto corrections.

to my eyes, it appears that ektar excels at orange and red color rendering, and is weaker in greens and skin tones. i am happy to hear how other people are 'seeing' this film, and agree w/ your opinions barry.

also, i'd like to reiterate that i dint make any additional changes or PP to scans... so i clearly could go back and adjust WB or color channels... but tried to simply find how the film stock itself renders.

cheers.

-- hide signature --
 prodesma's gear list:prodesma's gear list
A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow