Bayer - Foveon comparison

Started Nov 23, 2008 | Discussions thread
Richard Veteran Member • Posts: 4,858
I don't do that sorry.

Sorry, I don't post up things to try to convert people to anything. If someone asks me a question I will I will answer. Someone post up a conclusion different to mine, I may or may not post a comment.

As far as posting things. In none of my profiles online I never post my gear list or even my best pictures. Why because I see people that post eventhing in thier camera collection, past present and future down to their focus screens. Who cares, seems like showing off to me. They put little red Ls next to their lenses. If you post pictures, they will tell you, you are either showing off (when you don't think they were that good or they tell them they stink even though they have only snapshots, this starts arguments that I would rather avoid.)

You have to look at everything available. I shoot both Canon and Nikon because they have different advantages for different applications (though they are much closer now). I would not try to tell you which camera to buy or try to convert you. If you were new to DSLRs and asked the question and were purchasing a new camera, I would lead you away from Sigma. To me, the out of camera jpgs require to much PP time to make them look good. To me, I don't like trying to get colors right which from what I seen the Sigma does not do well. If you are looking for superior lenses, Canon and Nikon have them. Sigma does not (although there are a few lenses that are a great value, low price and almost the same IQ as the others.

Besides, I could take an average out of camera image, manipulate it in photoshop, make it look good, what does that mean? I am good a photoshop but it does not prove the camera has good white balance capablilities. I always laugh when you see a reveiw on a camera that is not good and people start posting images from that camera that are fantastic to prove the camera is great and justify their purchase. They just don't tell you it took 4 hours in photoshop to make it look that way. So no, I will not be convincing you of switching brands. In fact, if you have a sigma camera and several lenses and you were considering switching, I would recommend not switching unless the switch will generate more money for you, make your life so much easier (reduce workflow) or you have more money than you know what to do with.

LMC54 wrote:
It would be really cool and gracious of you to show me some of your
superior work that you do with the almighty Canon....hmmmm maybe you
can convert me to one of them....who knows.

Richard wrote:

sergifotocat wrote:

Hi,

The correct name of the brands are: Foveon/Sigma, Canion, Nikin,
Olympass, Pentix, Sumsang, and Penisonic (sorry if I forgot some
other brand).

Well, you won't find me attacking your spelling. First, I know some
people are in a hurry, some are at a disadvantage and do not speak
english that well. I don't attack those people because I am more
interested in what they have to say, not how well they can spell.
This site is lacking compared to many sites that it does not have a
spell checker. (Even if it did, not sure if it would have faveon in
the dictionary, the company is too small.)

Talking about the SD14 vs 50D comparison, Foveon or Sigma have never
claimed that SD14 is 15MP, so although it's expected Canon to show
more resolution, SD14 compares very well in resolution/detail terms
(I can't see Canon image showing more detail than Sigma, although
rendition is smoother and cleaner), and surpases 50D in DR.

sergifotocat

The faveon looks pretty good as far as resolution and detail, but not
as good as the Canon. The color rendition has much to be desired, it
looks like it has a colorcast. But that is my opinion. You have yours.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow