Epson r1400 with cis-whats your experience?

Started Feb 13, 2008 | Discussions thread
DaiG Senior Member • Posts: 1,078
Re: Tag N.T.

Hi I am just about to order the Epsom 1400 to replace my old 1290..used for nearly 7 years and for the last year with a Fotospeed c.i.s that worked fine.but wondered about using the Fotospeed crystal dye inks instead of the newer claria Epsom inks.any thoughts...I do want a c.i.s.

I was in exactly the same position and went to the 1400 from the 1290 after 10-15000 prints. On getting the 1400 I set it up with the claria inks and the colours were much better than my 1290, particularly the blues. I then fitted a fotospeed CIS and, although it required a different colour profile, the prints were very close to the claria quality. When I came to get my first top up ink, I noticed that fotospeed have a claria equivalent ink - I e-mailed them and got a response that it was a problem with some Ilford papers and they recommended the crystal dye. I went for this (it was cheaper!) as I was happy enough with the quality but it looks as if they do have a claria equivalent if you want it.

DaiG's gear list:DaiG's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow