My Walk To Work Every Morning.....(lots of pictures)

Started Nov 15, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RomanJohnston
RomanJohnston Forum Pro • Posts: 18,865
My Walk To Work Every Morning.....(lots of pictures)

Well....ever since the colors have been changing downtown, and the lights for the comming holiday season are up, I have been itching to get some captures of a pretty nice walk I take every morning when the train drops me off at 5:30 in the morning.

Here is where the Max Drops me off every morning:

Portland boasts one of the highest number of parks in ANY city.....here is the first one I pass on the way in.

Here is from the other end of the park, Ginkgo trees are the main tree of the park and during fall it just carpets the lawn with leaves.

Here is the next park (next block south) and looks at one of the buildings I work in.

Here is a view of one of our larger buildings downtown from that same park.

Here is City Hall with the PacWest building behind it. I support City Hall as well (I am in IT so I support their computers)

And another shot of Wells Fargo Center from the park across from City Hall.

Here is Ira Keller Fountain Park a few bloks south of all the others.

If you flip the tripod around, you can see Koin Tower...another iconic building downtown.

Once I get to my building that I start work out of every day...this is the view back down from where I came...you can see Well Fargo on the left, and KOIN on the right poking their head into the fog (this was taken last January)

Hoped you like your tour of my early morning walk. Took an extra 15 min or so to get the pictures in...usually 15 min walk from the Max (our commuter train here in Portland)

Roman

-- hide signature --

'Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who are we to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous.

Actually, who are we not to be?'

--Marianne Williamson

http://www.pbase.com/romansphotos/

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow