2880 help/advice sought

Started Nov 14, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mick Comes Contributing Member • Posts: 594
2880 help/advice sought

I will try to keep this as brief as posssible, while hopefully giving enough info. to address my problem.

I had a epson 1270 which died. Purchased a R2880. I print/sell/give away a lot of note cards of pictures taken over the years. Using the same photo, paper and profiles, etc. on the 2880 that I used on the 1270 yield totally different results. The colors are washed out, especially the blacks and reds. This is true with both photoshop CS3 and Publisher 2007. I have tried different ICC profiles, different paper(epson glossy and matte) settings, Match Print on and/or off, everything that I can find to read from Epson and managing color. The 1270 output looks exactly like what is displayed on the monitor. The 2880 is not vibrant, hazy and just washed out.

For CS3 the I have the printer settings as follows: Color Management, Document, Photoshop Manages Colors, (Appropriate) printer/media profile, Relative Colorimeric, Black Poilnt Compensation is checked Under Page setup, have tried speed from 3 to 5, Have high speed and edge OFF and No color Adjustment.

Hope this is not to much detail.

I really appreciate any and all recommendations.
--
Mick
Canon 40D
24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 16-35 2.8 II
Nikon Coolpix 990 (A Gem)
FCAS Charter Member
PBase supporter

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow