5D AF sucks---see examples

Started Nov 6, 2008 | Discussions thread
Rootbeer Senior Member • Posts: 2,311
Re: ... and what is wrong with wanting better AF from a $2k+ camera???

Nilo Here wrote:

why are people so against asking for better basics from an expensive
DSLR?

Thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth!

I feel that for the price I am paying for this camera,...that it ought to have better AF performance than the "so - so" AF performance I have been accustomed to for the last 3 years in both of my 5D bodies!

.....what? ......what is the argument against me here..?? Should I feel "happy" that Canon didn't stick us with this new camera, and include the D30's 3 point slow and unreliable AF, and feel good about that...? I swear that some people on this board would still praise Canon if the indeed did do that!! I'm not kidding either!!

Jeepers! I'm so thankful Canon didn't give us the 3 point AF system that was used in that clunker old D30 that was replaced by the D60 years ago! I'm such a happy Canon system owner that they gave us the same AF system that the 5D had (which was better), even though much lesser cameras have been using a newer, and far better and quicker AF system... Well golly gee,...I guess I can't have everything I want from a camera that costs twice as much as those do! Since I'm forced to use the 5D2 for the next 3 years until their next replacement, I'll be sure to shoot easy AF situations, and post the results, so I can praise the AF performance every time I use it ..............completely masking the performance in tricky situations just so that I can keep my fellow forum members on dpreview from calling me a TROLL!

grumble grumble...

Aaaaahhhhh.....screw it!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
MM1
MM1
tko
fad
ATR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow