D700 vs 5DII vs A900

Started Nov 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
Wild Tiger Regular Member • Posts: 437
Cognitive Dissonance

fudgebrown wrote:

What are you doing that warrants more than 12MP? Really ask yourself
that question. 21MP files will only take up more space and hard
drives. 12MP was plenty - and now suddenly it's too small? If you are
doing insane cropping then perhaps that warrants 21MP...

I am amazed. Why do people think that 21 MP is no good and 12 MP is the solution for everybody's needs?

Please print a shot at 24"x36" and you will know the difference between a 12 MP and a 21MP file.

I have even sold 20"x30" prints from a 10D. However, from the facial reactions, I know that the people like high resolution shots. Ask them and they wont tell you why. As photographers you should know the reason.

I do agree that 21MP is not for everybody. Lot of people will be happy with their 12MP as their needs are met. However in Marketing they call it Cognitive Dissonance. They need to be reassured that what ever they have purchased is a good one. So they look for advertisements or favourable comments from other people. And extreme form of this is seen in people, who refuse to acknowledge a better product.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Wild Tiger's gear list:Wild Tiger's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow