Poster prints such as Roman Johnston's

Started Nov 3, 2008 | Discussions thread
RomanJohnston
RomanJohnston Forum Pro • Posts: 18,865
Ok...what I do

Note: I process in ACR as 25.1MP not the native 12MP. After PP the shot, I uprez simpally by resizing to 30" x 45" at 240PPI....that simple...I then have my largest print ready to go.

I run the routine....usually the first one I bring down from 500 down to about 300-400 depending on the subject. and the next stoppig point is tweaked to taste...

Then after it is run, I select the top layer (not the layer mask) and do a smart sharpening at 60 and .6 And the check box checked at the bottom....it just makes it kinda krunchy....perfect for printing.

I take the shot and shrink it down to web size (I do about 150PPI and 800x531 for normal aspect ratio shots) and do a smart sharpen with same figures above, but the first figure throttled dow to about 25 or 30 (instead of 60)

Thats about it.

Roman
--

'Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who are we to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous.

Actually, who are we not to be?'

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow