S100fs blurred photo's help

Started Oct 27, 2008 | Discussions thread
DrewE Senior Member • Posts: 2,053
Re: S100fs blurred photo's help

I just looked at the two photos, and they look pretty good to me. There are some chromatic aberrations visible at the edges, a little noise in the shadow areas, and a few artifacts here and there from the interpolation/sharpening/jpeg compression; but nothing beyond what would be expected. The general level of detail in the shots is quite good to my eye.

I suspect a fair bit of what you're seeing is a combination of the results of chromatic aberration (which can tend to make shots look somewhat less sharp) and comparatively less sharpening in the camera.

One easy way to see if your filter is causing you grief is to try the same shot with it on and off, and compare the results. Poor quality filters can certainly have a detrimental effect on image quality, as can dirty filters or lenses. (In particular, filters with poor coatings can quite noticeably increase the likelihood of lens flare in adverse conditions and decrease contrast in images.)
--
--DrewE

DrewE's gear list:DrewE's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
M87
M87
M87
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow