OMG....Was I WRONG???? ...has the AF improved with the K20D

Started Oct 8, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Don Allison Veteran Member • Posts: 6,163
OMG....Was I WRONG???? ...has the AF improved with the K20D

I can't believe it. My SMC F 50mm, F1.4, DA 16-45mm, Tamron SP AF 24-135mm (why don't more people own this lens??? It's superb.) and my new FA 31mm Ltd. all focus perfectly on my new K20D. I kid you not. Seriously. No, I'm not teasing ya'll. The K20D is even focusing in lowlight, below 1/20s, and doing a good job. I played with the AF adjustment on all lenses, and I couldn't get the focus any better than the default out of the camera.

So, should I really trust AF on the K20D? Time will tell.

And, no, I won't be apologizing to the rodent, his owner, or anyone with respect to the AF on my K10D. It is a mess, but it is a fine camera that I will continue to use and cherish.

As for first impressions of the K20D, I like what I see. It's about the same size in my hands as the K10D, and its controls are very similar. I haven't tried live view, but will with macros in the coming days. The DR function appears a bit weak, so I'll probably stick to photoshopping in and out light as required. What I really like is the lowlight shots and the lack of noise at high ISO. I've only done a handful, but I'm impressed.

No new images as I've been working a bit too hard lately, but the fall and shore beckon the K20D. Don A.
--

'Photography is not like painting,' Cartier-Bresson told the Washington Post in 1957. 'There is a creative fraction of a second when you are taking a picture. Your eye must see a composition or an expression that life itself offers you, and you must know with intuition when to click the camera. That is the moment the photographer is creative,'
http://www.dhaphotography.com/index.html

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow