ARRRGHHH! We need a dedicated video forum!!!!

Started Sep 29, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom Meeks Senior Member • Posts: 2,942
ARRRGHHH! We need a dedicated video forum!!!!

While I warmly welcome the new video capability in the 5D Mark II, I can see that it has opened a HUGE can of worms of unrealistic expectations that result in an overabundance of threads related to video that require long discussions to resolve.

The result is that those threads having to do with basic still image issues are drowning in a sea of video threads out of all proportion to the importance of the video in the 5D.

The newness of the video, coupled with the HD and format issues, will require some heavy bandwidth to discuss... especially BEFORE we actually have the camera in hand and as we sort out the truely realistic capabilities as the first units are delivered.

But, the 5D is first and foremost a still imaging camera and discussions dedicated to its primary mission are in danger of being lost if we must discuss both stills and video in a single 5D forum.

I am a video professional. But, I am buying the 5D Mark II primarily for its STILL capabilities and even I'm frustrated by the preoccupation with an unknown SECONDARY video capability overrunning still imaging discussions.

Tom Meeks's gear list:Tom Meeks's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow