40D and the MT-24EX Flash Metering Problem

Started Sep 14, 2008 | Discussions thread
SteB
SteB Veteran Member • Posts: 4,526
Re: Example images

Thanks for being brave John and posting one of these over-exposed shots. I normally delete a lot of them in the field and they never even make it back to my computer - the ones that do get back get deleted straight away.

This issue has been a big problem for me, especially when I tried photographing hoverflies in flight later in the season.

One of the problems appears to be that a lot of people don't seem to really want to talk about or acknowledge the problem - apart from a few. The only convincing post from anyone I have seen that has said they have not experienced this problem is from jpr2. Every other person I know of who regularly posts on this forum and who uses the 40D/MT24EX combination has reported this issue in one way or another. I don't like to make generalisations from a few specific examples, but it appears to me that the problem is almost universal, but not recognised. I have not wanted to send my camera off to have it checked because I don't have a back-up body and I have a feeling that this would be one of these to and fro type issues where at first they would say it was OK, and then you would have to keep sending it back.

It definitely seems to be some sort of communication problem between the 40D and the MT24EX.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow