Another D70 -> D90 Convert, sorry

Started Sep 21, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RickD70 Regular Member • Posts: 185
Another D70 -> D90 Convert, sorry

I just had to post, sorry. I've been satisfied with my D70 ever since it came out. Been tempted many times to upgrade to a D80 or D200 (used). D300 was just too much money to justify. I never really got the great color straight from the camera (tried many settings posted on this forum) so I just shot in RAW with EV +0.3 and post processed.

Granted I've only taken a handfull of shots with my D90 purchased today. I am so impressed with the out of box settings with the color. I may never have to PP for color correction again (I know, never say never). I've been very impressed with the color of samples posted here too. The sharpness from the kit lense is impressive also.

I shot two identical pictures from my D70 and D90 (cat lying on a chair about 14 feet away). The D90's onboard flash output is fantastic and the color is so much closer to real life. Granted I will hardly use the onboard flash (own a SB-800), but I was impressed.

Can't wait to take more pictures tomorrow as it's getting late tonight.

Does anyone know how to change my username on this forum without losing my posting history???
--
Rick

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow