I Love The Canon 5DII

Started Sep 17, 2008 | Discussions thread
OP Hans Giersberg Veteran Member • Posts: 3,943
Did You Even Read What I Wrote?

Reading comprehension sure has taken a dive lately. I don't care how many 5DII's Canon sells, and that wasn't the point of this thread. However, the 5DII will compete in a market segment that Nikon also competes in (the low cost full frame segment), and to that extent, it puts pressure on Nikon (any competition applies pressure). We can argue about how much pressure, but if you think it applies no pressure, you are living in fantasy land. Competitive pressure usually results in lower costs, which is good for all of us. And competitive pressure in this segment will hopefully also goose Nikon into making their high MP product available a bit sooner, which would also be a good thing for all of us waiting on their high MP offering. This is what I was talking about in my original post. Nothing more, and nothing less. I'm not lauding the 5DII. I'm not saying Nikon should be worried. I'm not saying it's better than Nikon's offering.

-- hide signature --

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Web Site - http://www.hgiersberg.com/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mjt
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow