The Lowering Quality of Photography

Started Sep 16, 2008 | Discussions thread
Marty4650
Marty4650 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,944
Why are we feeding this troll?

Adrian Veidt wrote:

Nostolgia has a selective memory.

Adrian, you have finally said something sensible.

Whenever we look backwards, we tend to only remember the good, and forget the bad.

I tell my kids about how "pop music used to be better".... but I know full well that there was plenty of junk records being sold 40 years ago.

We talk about the "good old days".... in the 1930's.... when you didn't have to lock your doors, and you could see a movie for ten cents..... except 25% of the workforce was unemployed, some people were starving, and we ended that decade with a global war that killed 100 million humans!

Some people tells us... "they just don't build cars like they used to." And they are right. Today you don't need to lubricate your kingpins every 1000 miles, you don't get a flat tire once a month, and you get twice the gas mileage than we did just 30 years ago. When was the last time you needed to buy a spark plug? Back then, a radio and heater were options. Today most cars come equipped with automatic transmissions, air conditioning, power windows, power brakes, and elaborate CD/Radios.

And "houses were built much better too." Except they lacked insulation, were firetraps, and only had one electrical outlet per room. Oh... and a 4 bedroom house back then had one bathroom, and maybe a one car garage!

Adrian... if you wanted to stir up a controversial thread, then you succeeded. But that just makes you a troll. You say you are a great photographer, but you refuse to show any of your work. Because your pictures are "so good it would make our mamas cry." That attitude only supports the "troll theory."

Here's a few of mine. No one will cry, but I'm not afraid to post them.
Like you are.

-- hide signature --

Marty
http://flickr.com/photos/7735239@N02/sets/72157606210120132/detail/

Panasonic FZ7, FZ20, FZ30, LX2
Olympus C-4000, C-7000
Olympus E-510, Zuiko 12-42mm, 40-150mm

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow