Convince me to stay

Started Sep 5, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gringolian Regular Member • Posts: 225
Convince me to stay

Whilst I really like my K10D, I get really frustrated with the AF system when I'm trying to focus on something and it just won't lock on (especially moving targets on AF-C) This is even worse in low light, and I look like a fool when I'm there with my £800 worth of equipment (including flash and lens) and I can't lock focus in a dimly lit room, yet people with little £100 compacts are snapping away!

A friend's D80 does not have this problem, and frankly it's a joy to use it when in low light.

However, like I said I do like my K10, and have invested heavily in it (I have 18-250, 70-300, FA50, and Sigma 10-20 lenses, plus Metz 58AF-1 flash) and one of the biggest attractions to me was the built in SR.

I've looked around and figure I could sell all my kit and get a used D200 with 18-200VR lens and a flash for similar money, and until I can replace the 50, 10-20, and 70-300 I can borrow these exact lenses from my mates D80.

So, I just wanted to know if anyone can convince me I'm mad and that I should be staying with Pentax?
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12037823@N06/

gringolian's gear list:gringolian's gear list
Sony RX100 II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow