"Old" 5D, new user, first shots :o)

Started Sep 4, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Claire Dupuis Senior Member • Posts: 1,755
"Old" 5D, new user, first shots :o)

First off thanks to all you have taken time to contribute to my other thread about losing patience and getting an original 5F to greet my first daughter, to be born at the end of this month.

My camera was delivered to me this morning, and of course due to wanting one since introduction I feel all lovey dovey with it, typical photo gear honeymoon I'd say

Having used several 30D units before I am very familiar with the controls and had no problem setting the camera to my needs imediately, the one experience I was not prepared for (despite all I had read about it) was the size of the viewfinder. You need a darn map in there as you could easily get lost in its vastness !! Aboslutely lovely, and totally life altering as a digital shooter, wow.

I immediately started shooting away. Since I was visiting my best friend who has kids, cats and dog, I thought I'd give the 5D a run at portraits of all the above. So here are my very first test shots, nothing artisitc by any means, but I do get the nice separation from background and extra detail I was expecting. Just a note, nearly eveyrthing was shot at Medium Fine JPEG setting.

C&C welcome

Claire

-- hide signature --

Why make the same mistakes again when there are so many new ones to chose from ?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow