worst LBA you have ever seen...

Started Aug 28, 2008 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gian Luca Patriarca Contributing Member • Posts: 840
worst LBA you have ever seen...

Now, LBA became a comon word not only in Pentax forums but also on other forums around here and everywhere else. Mailnly caused by a "personality disorder" due to a consumist society that is fed (in photography case) by forums like this, magasines...you name it!

I have seen many diferent cases of LBA here and in Pentax forums but none so agravated like mine!

Since I was interested by photography and sine I became a member of dpreview last year things had gone real wild. I have changed systems, going from Pentax to Nikon and coming back. I have tried so many lenses and bodies you can´t even imagine! The worst of all is that I´m not that healthy in terms of finances and the finding of ebay just worsened the case. I have bought and sold and bought again so many lenses that in the process (over the last year) I have lost more or less 1000€. Well, for many it might not be a world, but for me that is a sintom of how stupid I´m being and how sick I am.

The situation got worst in the last few months when I purchased the glass you can see in my signature and realised yesterday (when I received a call from my credit card company) that things got so out of hand that I can´t even hold my current set. So I was forced to ebay all the lenses you see, except for the M50f/1.7. I am astonished with myself! The zeiss and the Sigma DP1 didn´t have even 15 days of trial that I already have to sell them!

This is indeed my darkest hour and after years of experimenting the best glass around I see myself reduced to a unique inexpensive manual lens and no money at all... what the hell ahs happened to me? My heart is broken, my wallet is empty, I was left with nothing and my precious and most recent jewell- the Zeiss 100, is already leaving me... I don´t know what to say... just what the hell has happened to me? A person who never paid a Euro of interest never to any bank institution, now see himself forced to sell almost everything just to pay his debts.
I´m overwhelmed.... my heart is broken... damn expensive, fanatic hobby...

-- hide signature --

Sigma DP1; K20D; DA 21 f/3.2 Limited; M 50 f/1.7; Noktor 58 f/1.4; FA 77 f/1.7 Limited; Zeiss 100 f/2 Macro

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow