LX3 RAW/JPEG vs. LX1 vs. F20 comparison

Started Aug 15, 2008 | Discussions thread
OP oluv Senior Member • Posts: 1,973
Re: Wow - Time to add a cheap LX1 !!

adam, what do you think is the reason for the lower sharpness of the LX3?

could it be a stronger anti-aliasing filter? maybe the cooperation with olympus doesn't panasonic do any favor look at their evolution from E410 to E420, all details blurred away!

but when i saw the very first LX3 samples and i claimed the lost in sharpness is because of a stronger anti aliasing filter, many people laught at me saying that compact cameras do not even have any AA-filters. the other idea could be that panasonic's sensor technology is simply behind that of other companys. already the LX2 and GX100 rendered a different image, inspite of similar pixel count, the GX100 being sharper showing more fine detail and producing a more pleasant noise. maybe instead of the LX3 i should try the GX200. with raw it should shine...

but i love the LX3 lens (if it was at least sharp hahaha)

oluv's gear list:oluv's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow